Replica Harry Bertoia Bird Chair - Chrome - Seat Cushion Only - Leather Red - set of 4
$ 870.05 $ 775.25
This item is currently Out of Stock.
*Cash Back Rebate. Additional Cash Back 2-5% Applies To This Product*
Bird Chair - Replica Harry Bertoia Bird chair by Harry Bertoia - chrome frame with seat cushions
- quality chrome frame
- seat made out of PU
- this chair includes seat cushion only (not back cushion, if you like back cushions as well price is $119/each)
- width 55cm x depth 62cm x height 81cm
- frame seat height-lowest part 42cm (doesn't include the cushion)
- frame seat height-heighest part 48cm
- chrome frame with black, brown, red or white PU seat cushion only. Other colours are available to pre-order.
- leather cushions are on pre-order 8-16weeks
- This beautifull Replica Bird Chair is a famous design by Harry Bertoia and is also known as a "Replica Bertoia".
- The seat pad provides added comfort.
- We stock the Replica Bertoia with a black, brown, red and white seat cushion but this can be changed if you choose to.
- Designed by Harry Bertoia in 1950 and faithfully reproduced here.
- Innovative, comfortable, and strikingly handsome!
- Unlike some of the other similar chairs our chair frame has a double wire edge.
- Polished Chrome.
Background about Harry Bertoia (1915 - 1978). Sculptor and designer, born in San Lorenzo, NW Italy. He emigrated to the USA in 1930, where he studied and taught painting and metal crafts at the Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI. He worked for the Evans Products Co, Venice, CA (1943-6), then established his own workshop in Bally, PA. Although he regarded himself primarily as a sculptor, he was known for his early Cubist-influenced silver coffee and tea services and for his furniture, most especially the Bertoia chair (1952), with its slender metal legs and frame, and mesh-like seat.
Package Deals: Choose one of our package deals to receive discount on pricing and shipping (win, win!)
The year of 1952 saw a plethora of artists and designers breaking preconceived notions of style, literature, art and fashion. Amongst the cream of the crop was Ernest Hemingway with the Old Man and the Sea and Harry Bertoia with his iconic side chair. Recognised as one of the highest achievements of mid-century modern design, the original side chair found fame in an industrial design that broke the mould of what a chair should be, or more truthfully, what a chair should look like. Crafted from grid laid steel with soft, rounded edges, our replica is true to the original in style and quality while the high back and padded seat provide comfort for extended periods of sitting. Creating a feeling of lightness yet strength, this piece is a must have for serious design lovers.
Dimensions: 550W x 620D x 810H (mm)
(CODE: UT12BPJH8020CHRREDLEATHX4 )