Replica Harry Bertoia Bird Chair black powdercoated with black seat cushion only - set of 4
$ 470.05 $ 375.25
This item is currently Out of Stock.
*Cash Back Rebate. Additional Cash Back 2-5% Applies To This Product*
Bird Chair - Replica Harry Bertoia Bird chair by Harry Bertoia - black powder-coated frame (excellent for outdoor or indoor use) with black cushions
- high grade quality powdercoated chrome frame to make sure is suitable for outdoor use. Others might have powder-coated frame but might NOT be good for outdoor use
- seat & back cushion made out of PU (leather available to pre-order, enquiry online)
- excellent for outdoor or indoor use
- frame is made out of double wire (like original) NOT like others have cheaper versions of single wire
- this chair includes seat cushion only (if you like back cushion, the price is: $119/each)
- DON'T BUY SINGLE WIRE CHAIRS (IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ASK US FOR PICTURES)
- width 55cm x depth 62cm x height 81cm
- frame seat height-lowest part 42cm (doesn't include cushion)
- frame seat height-heights part 48cm
- black powder-coated chrome with black PU cushion. Other colours are available to pre-order.
- This beautifull Replica Bird Chair is a famous design by Harry Bertoia and is also known as a "Replica Bertoia".
- The seat pad provides added comfort.
- We stock the Replica Bertoia with a black seat cushion but this can be changed if you choose to.
- Designed by Harry Bertoia in 1950 and faithfully reproduced here.
- Innovative, comfortable, and strikingly handsome!
- Unlike some of the other similar chairs our chair frame has a double wire edge which makes the chair nicer, stronger and like original.
- Polished Powder Coated Chrome.
Background about Harry Bertoia (1915 - 1978). Sculptor and designer, born in San Lorenzo, NW Italy. He emigrated to the USA in 1930, where he studied and taught painting and metal crafts at the Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI. He worked for the Evans Products Co, Venice, CA (1943-6), then established his own workshop in Bally, PA. Although he regarded himself primarily as a sculptor, he was known for his early Cubist-influenced silver coffee and tea services and for his furniture, most especially the Bertoia chair (1952), with its slender metal legs and frame, and mesh-like seat.
Package Deals: Choose one of our package deals to receive discount on pricing and shipping (win, win!)
The year of 1952 saw a plethora of artists and designers breaking preconceived notions of style, literature, art and fashion. Amongst the cream of the crop was Ernest Hemingway with the Old Man and the Sea and Harry Bertoia with his iconic side chair. Recognised as one of the highest achievements of mid-century modern design, the original side chair found fame in an industrial design that broke the mould of what a chair should be, or more truthfully, what a chair should look like. Crafted from grid laid steel with soft, rounded edges, our replica is true to the original in style and quality while the high back and padded seat provide comfort for extended periods of sitting. Creating a feeling of lightness yet strength, this piece is a must have for serious design lovers.
Dimensions: 550W x 620D x 810H (mm)
(CODE: UT12BPJH8020BLKPCOATEDX4 )